Chief Master Sergeant Jerrod W. Kester is the Chief Enlisted Manager for the 107 th Security Forces Squadron Niagara Falls, New York. He serves as the enlisted advisor to the Security Forces Commander providing strategic direction canvassing the entire spectrum of security forces policy and guidance. CMSgt Kester is responsible for the effective management and development of over 70 combat ready Security Force members to ensure readiness for rapid deployment in support of New York State domestic operations and contingency operations worldwide.
Beginning his military career in the Marine Corps in 1990, Chief Kester performed infantry and security forces duties. He separated from the Marine Corps in 1994 and joined the Army National Guard in 1995, serving as a Combat Engineer with 152 HQ Battalion, Buffalo, New York until late 1996. He transferred to the Air Force Reserve in 1999, where he served with the 914th Security Forces Squadron, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Base, New York.
In 2008, He became a first sergeant, and has served in various squadrons and direct report units since that time. In 2012, he was selected to fill an active duty position for the Air Force Deployment Transition Center at Ramstein Air Base, Germany and has also served overseas in Japan and England. He has deployed in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, and CAPITAL RESPONSE. Prior to his current assignment he served as an Instructor at the Air Force First Sergeant Academy. As a civilian, he is a police officer for the city of Charlotte, North Carolina. Chief Kester is also the President and Founder of Whirlwind Veterans and Warrior Retreat, a Non Profit that specializes in Agricultural based therapy for veterans and wounded warriors.
- 1990 Marine Corps School of Infantry, Jacksonville, N.C.
- 1991 Marine Corps Security Force Training Course, Chesapeake, Va.
- 1992 Marine Corps Institute – Personal finance
- 1992 Marine Corps Institute – Fundamentals of Marine Corps Leadership
- 1992 Marine Corps Institute – M252 81 MM Mortar Crewmen
- 1993 Marine Corps Institute – Military Operations on Urban Terrain
- 1993 Marine Corps Institute – M224 60 MM Crewmen
- 1995 Army Combat Engineer Course, Devils Lake, N.D.
- 2000 Air Force Security Forces Training Academy, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
- 2001 Air Force Combat Arms Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
- 2002 Air Force Airman Leadership Course, by correspondence
- 2006 Air Force Combat Arms Supervisors Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
- 2006 Security Forces Craftsman Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
- 2006 Air Force Noncommissioned Officer Leadership and Development Course, Niagara Falls Air Reserve
- Base, N.Y. 2009 Air Force First Sergeant Academy Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
- 2010 A.S. Police Science, Community College of the Air Force
- 2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
- 2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
- 2012 Associates in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
- 2014 Bachelor of Science, Social and Criminal Justice, Ashford University
- 2014 Professional Manager Certificate, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- 2014 Air Force Academic Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2015 Air Force Senior Non-commissioned Officer Leadership Course, Dobbins AFB, Ga.
- 2016 A.S Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education ll, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2017 Instructor Level l, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2018 Air Force Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell – Gunter AFB, Ala.
- 2018 Instructor Level ll, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2018 NATO NCO Orientation Course, Oberammergau, Germany.
- 2018 Master Resilience Trainer Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2018 Air Force Basic Mediation Course, Maxwell – Gunter AFB, Ala.
- 2019 Instructor Level III, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- September 1990 – November 1990, Recruit, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, S.C.
- December 1990 – April 1991, School Of Infantry, Camp Geiger, N.C.
- April 1991 – August 1993, Marine Corps Security Forces Battalion, Naval Weapons Station, VA
- August 1993 – September 1994, 2nd Battalion 2nd Marine Corps Division, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Oct 1994 – September 1996, 152nd Engineer Battalion, Army National Guard, Buffalo, N.Y.
- April 1999 – July 2007, 914th Combat Arms Instructor, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Base, N.Y.
- August 2007 – September 2008, 914th Security Forces Operations, Niagara Falls ARB, N.Y.
- August 2008 – September 2012, 914th Security Forces First Sergeant, Niagara Falls ARB, N. Y.
- April 2014 – October 2015, HQ Readiness Integration Organization First Sergeant, Buckley AFB, Colo.
- November 2015 – June 2020, Air Force Reserve Command Course Director, Curriculum Developer/Instructor, USAF
First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala.
- July 2020 – Present, Chief Enlisted Manager, 107 th Security Forces, Niagara Falls ARB, N.Y.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Meritorious Service Medal with Four oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Airman April 16, 1999
- Airman First Class Nov. 1, 1999
- Senior Airman Nov. 1, 2000
- Staff Sergeant May 1, 2002
- Technical Sergeant April 1, 2004
- Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 2007
- Senior Master Sergeant March 1, 2016
- Chief Master Sergeant Nov 1, 2020
(Current as of March 2022)