MSgt Estelle Kester currently serves as the First Sergeant for the 914th Security Forces Squadron at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, New York. She serves as the commander’s advisor on personnel programs, enlisted career progression, enlisted Professional Military Education and unit training, financial matters, housing and recognition, as well as provides support to Airmen and their families to ensure a mission-ready force. She provides leadership and guidance to supervisors and members enabling them to resolve problems and complaints at the lowest level, as well as corrects conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline.
Beginning her military career on active duty in the United States Air Force, Sergeant Kester attended the Aerospace Control and Warning Systems Apprentice course in July 2001 and graduated September 2001. Her first duty station was Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona, where she served as both a Radar Offensive and Defensive Duty Technician. She later transferred to the Texas Air
National Guard in 2004 via the Palace Chase program serving as the training manager for the 136th Medical Group. During that time, she also worked as an Intelligence Analyst for local and federal law enforcement with the Counter Drug program. In 2013, Sergeant Kester retrained into the paralegal career field and later became the 136th Airlift Wing Law Office Superintendent, responsible for the management of the legal office consisting of two Staff Judge Advocates and two paralegals. She served as the full-time Unit Training Manager for Wing Staff Agencies from January 2013 to November 2015.
During her time as a Unit Training Manager, Sergeant Kester was transferred to the 136th Force Support Squadron where she assisted the Wing Training Office in the execution of the Air Force Training Program throughout the Wing. MSgt Kester has deployed in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM. Prior to her current assignment, MSgt Kester served as the Group Training Manager for the 301st Mission Support Group, Fort Worth, Texas.
- 2002 Aerospace Control and Warning Systems Apprentice Course, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
- 2006 Unit Education and Training Manager Apprentice Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
- 2008 Airman Leadership School, by correspondence
- 2010 Bachelor of Arts, Criminology, University of Texas at Dallas, Texas
- 2013 Paralegal Apprentice Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2016 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
- 2017 Paralegal Craftsman Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2019 First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
- 2019 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
- 2019 Master Resiliency Training Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2020 Academic Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2021 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I (SEJPME I)
- 2022 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II (SEJPME II)
- October 2001 – September 2004, Interface Control Technician, 612th Combat Operations Squadron, Davis Monthan AFB, Ariz.
- September 2004 – January 2013, Unit Education and Training Manager, 136th Medical Group, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
- January 2013 – September 2018, Paralegal, 136th Airlift Wing, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
- January 2015 – November 2019, Wing Education & Training Manager, 136th Airlift Wing, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
- September 2018 – March 2020, First Sergeant, 136th Mission Support Group, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
- March 2020 – August 2021, Group Training Manager, 301st Mission Support Group, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
- August 2021 – Present, First Sergeant, 914th Security Forces Squadron, Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station, New York
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- AF Outstanding Unit Award
- AF Good Conduct Medal
- Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Armed Forces Service Medal
- Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
- AF Longevity Service Award
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal with ‘M’ device
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
- Texas Adjutant Generals Individual Award with two stars
- Texas Faithful Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
- Airman Basic May 16, 2001
- Airman First Class June 29, 2001
- Senior Airman November 2, 2003
- Staff Sergeant November 15, 2008
- Technical Sergeant August 25, 2011
- Master Sergeant December 3, 2016
(Current as of March 2022)